The Cauldron is another Magic Academy feature but it is also connected in some form with the Tournaments as well! It can be found in the Magic Academy where you can collect Ingredients, brew Potions and gain powerful bonuses, but not without the help of a powerful Sorceress! Together you will be brewing powerful Potions for your city productions.
Every Saturday morning, the Sorceress will stroll through the surrounding forest of your City to gather fresh ingredients to brew a Magic Potion! The Sorceress will return early on Sunday morning to sort and prepare the fresh ingredients she has gathered for you to brew your potion!
In order to be able to access the Cauldron feature you will need to unlock its Technology in Chapter 5. Once unlocked, the "Cauldron" tab will become visible in your Magic Academy!
In order to brew a Potion successfully there are several aspects to take into account:
- Ingredients - These are specific to the Cauldron. You can select twelve different ingredients, of which eight can be bought with Witch Points and four with Diamonds. Those ingredients that are available for Diamonds or Witch Points change every week. Each Ingredient has a different Effect associated with it and if you buy one with Witch Points, their cost will increase. However, if you buy them with Diamonds their cost will always be the same.
- Witch Points - These are used to buy the Ingredients and to improve the Effects of the Potions (Studying phase). Every Sunday you receive an amount of Witch Points based on your research progress and you will lose any unused Witch Points on Saturday.
- Trophy Goblets - Trophy Goblets are used to drink your Potion and trigger its Effects. Every week, you receive at least 1 Trophy Goblet, and if you take part in the Tournaments, you can receive a maximum of 4 Trophy Goblets per Tournament.
- Research Diplomas - Research Diplomas are what you receive when you research all the Technologies in a Chapter. With more Research Diplomas, the amount of possible Effects you can use will rise. So the further you are in the game, the more powerful your Potions can get!
- Spell Fragments - With Spell Fragments you can improve your critical chance, which is the chance to boost a triggered Effect.
The Cauldron is divided into three different phases:
- Preparations - The period during which the Sorceress is gathering Ingredients (From 00h00 on Saturday to 00h00 on Sunday, Cauldron is not available).
- Brewing - The phase where you can select the gathered Ingredients to brew your Potion (Available from 00h00 on Sunday to 00h00 on Saturday).
- Studying - The phase where you can improve the effects of your future Potions (Available as soon as you brew your Potion, between 00h00 on Sunday and 00h00 on Saturday)
This is the moment when nothing actually happens, the Sorceress is collecting the Ingredients for your Potion so the Cauldron will not be available. You will see a message left by the Sorceress to return later! On the top left corner you will have the information on how much time is left until the Sorceress returns with the Ingredients.
This is the moment you have been waiting for because it's time to Brew your powerful Potion! Click on "Add Ingredients" to get started!
By clicking on the 'Add Ingredients' button you will have access to the main window of the Brewing phase and it is here that you can choose the Ingredients you want to use in brewing your Potion.
- The number of Witch Points you have based on your research progress.
- The number of Trophy Goblets you have to drink and trigger a Potion Effect.
- Available Ingredients to use for Brewing your Potion.
- Possible effects forecast of your Potion (by adding an ingredient, the effects and their success rate may vary). The dice represents the percentage of success, the green arrow its power and the timer, the effect duration.
- Here you can add Spell Fragments to increase the critical effect chance. Press + or - buttons to add and subtract 1000 Spell Fragments (if you want, you can manually add the desired Spell Fragments amount, but that number is auto-corrected to the next lower number divisible by 1000).
- Here you can use Diamonds instead of Spell Fragments to increase the critical effect chance (you can only add or remove 25 by 25 Diamonds at a time).
- The Brew button, when you feel you have added the desired Ingredients, click here to brew your Potion (here you get a real idea of the total cost of your Potion, the resources will only be taken away after you have confirmed your choice).
- The Cauldron and its contents (here you can see the last added Ingredient).
- This is where you can remove the last added Ingredient.
- This is where you can remove all added Ingredients.
- The overview of the current success rate considering the Ingredients added to the Cauldron.
- The overview of the current critical effect chance percentage, considers both the added Spell Fragments and Diamonds.
In the Brewing phase, you can create powerful Potions with various Ingredients! You can combine up to 25 Ingredients to create one Potion. You can mix any Ingredient, either with Diamonds or with Witch Points. You can also use the same Ingredient several times, all to achieve the best possible Potion Effect! Your Potion will have different effects depending on what Ingredients you choose and in which order!
Spell Fragments also have a very important role to play in your Potion if you want to have a chance to unlock some critical effect. Spell Fragments can be added every 1000 units or if you wish, Diamonds can be used instead, these can be added every 25 units for the same effect percentage.
If a Trophy Goblet does not trigger a Potion Effect in which you have used Spell Fragments, part of the used Spell Fragments will be refunded to you! You will see this information in the Potion result window and at the same time the announced amount of Spell Fragments will be refunded.
When you think you have added all the necessary Ingredients and are ready to brew your Potion, click the "Brew" button to proceed! A window will pop up to confirm your choice and to check if you have the available resources. Press the "Bottom´s Up!" button and see if your Trophy Goblet has triggered any Potion Effect!
If you have chosen some Ingredients with a Diamond cost, or used Diamonds to increase the chance of a critical effect, a blue button will appear instead of the usual green one, confirm your choice and see your Potions outcome!
|Attention: Only when you click on the "Bottom's Up!" button will the resources be removed from your inventory. If you click on the "Cancel" button you will go back to the Brew menu and can either remove or add Ingredients, and no resources will have been taken away from you.|
|Attention: If you proceed to Potion brewing, you will not be able to go back to the brewing menu, so make sure you have chosen the necessary Ingredients to brew your potion, as you will have to wait until the following week to be able to brew a new Potion again.|
When you click on "Bottom's Up!", the Sorceress will inform you of your Potion result, whether your Trophy Goblets have triggered and which are the Effects for your city productions!
If you have more Trophy Goblets, you have to keep drinking more of the potion to have a chance of triggering more effects, in the top right corner you have the information on how many Trophy Goblets you have left!
Sometimes, a same effect can be repeated, in which case you will have to choose whether you want to keep the old one or choose the new one which can be better or not, the choice is always yours! Only one effect of the same type can be active at the same time in your City!
When your Trophy Goblets are over, your Potion is also ended and you will proceed to the next phase and final phase of the Cauldron, the Studying!
You will have an overview of your currently active Effects in the Cauldron's Studying window, where you can see which ones are active and how long they will last! The effects will be listed from left to right from shortest to the longest, up to 10 effects can be active at the same time!
|Note: The active Effects, are displayed in all Cauldron phases.|
If you hover your mouse over a listed Effect, you can view its level, percentage and duration time.
If you hover your mouse over the resource that is being influenced by your Potion, you can easily get an idea of the amount of the boost.
Sometimes Trophy Goblets may not trigger any effects. If for example you have used too few Ingredients, then in the following week you know you will have to invest more Ingredients into your Potion!
|Hint: The more Ingredients you put in your potion, the more likely your Trophy Goblets are to trigger an effect of your choice. Remember to use Spell Fragments to stand a chance of triggering the critical effect.|
|Attention: It is not possible to save Trophy Goblets for the following week, if you do not brew any Potion, they will be lost when the Cauldron closes at 00h00 on Saturday.|
The Studying phase is where you can improve your favourite Effects! This phase is available between 00:00h on Sunday and 00:00h on Saturday as soon as you Brew your Potion!
In the top left corner you have the remaining time indication (If there is less than 24 hours until the Cauldron finishes the time will be displayed in red). Press the "Improve Effects" button to begin.
After clicking the "Improve Effects" button you can start using the Witch Points you haven't used in the Brewing phase.
- Indicates the amount of Research Diplomas you currently have, each Research Diploma represents 1 Chapter completed (To receive the Research Diploma you must research all the Technologies of the Chapter).
- Shows the amount of Witch Points you still have available.
- Shows the Effects you can improve, scroll down to see what more effects you have available.
- Overview of the Effect improvement you have clicked on.
- Progress to the next Effect level.
- Button to enhance the chosen effect, pressing here will consume the indicated Witch Points.
- Resource donation button for Witch Points. Click here to choose the Resource you want to use.
- Button to convert the chosen Resource for Witch Points (The amount of Witch Points displayed will be added to your stock).
All Effects have 100 improvement levels! When you improve an Effect, its Benefit will be used next week if you can get your Trophy Goblets to activate that Effect again! If you are not successful, fear not, the progress of improvement is not lost, this means that in the following week the Effects will be at the same level as you left them!
|Note: As you improve each Effect level, the cost and the amount of Witch Points needed for improving one Effect will gradually increase each level.|
Resources for Witch Points
If you really want to improve a certain Effect but your Witch Points for that week have been used up? You can convert Resources in your game into Witch Points!
You can choose from Standard Goods to more valuable Resources such as Divine Seeds to convert into Witch Points! Be aware that as you acquire Witch Points with a particular Resource their cost will increase, but also the amount of Witch Points acquired per Resource will increase!
|Reminder: Remember that you can not keep unused Witch Points and they will disappear when the Sorceress goes into the woods to gather Ingredients for the upcoming week, so make sure you don't leave any Witch Point unused!|
The Cauldron introduces wonderful Effects that will be applied to your city productions if you manage to use enough Ingredients to Brew your Potion!
The duration, strength and level of the Potion's Effect depends on the improvement level they are in. Remember to use any unused Witch Points from one week to continue improving your favourite Effects for next week! All Effects have 100 evolution levels.
|Please Note: All active effects have action on all productions in your city with the exception of Building Sets.|
Potion Effects Overview
Tournament & Trophy Goblets
Every week you get one free Trophy Goblet in the Cauldron, but you can win more Trophy Goblets by taking part in Tournaments. Trophy Goblets are what trigger the Potions, so the more the better!
However, to win Trophy Goblets you must be active enough in the Tournaments!
Achieve a certain Tournament score and you can win up to 4 Trophy Goblets per Tournament. A new Trophy Goblet is earned each time your Tournament Points total reaches a certain threshold: 200, 600, 1200, and 2000 Tournament Points.
The progress towards receiving the Trophy Goblet is individual, it has nothing to do with the progress of the Fellowship, each Fellow will receive the Trophy Goblets achieved according to the individual score attained!
|Please Note: At the end of the Tournament the Trophy Goblets you have achieved will be added to your Cauldron inventory. You can view them when the Cauldron starts on Sunday.|